365 days ago: From Abel Tasman to Kaikoura
New Zealand, South Island, North of Canterbury.
- The incredibly transparent waters of the Pelorus river. No, we did not jump from the bridge. But there was action: we were witnesses of a thieve escaping from the police, driving through the locked chain of a parking lot.
- The excellent white wine at the restaurant in Blenheim.
- This coast was "my" coast. Looks like an improved version of my beloved Basque shore. The blue and white high mountains with snow on the top, the green thick forest, the red railway and then the turquoise Pacific Ocean. All compressed in stripes one after the other.
- Stopping at a roadside parking lot and, surprise! There are seals here.
- Closing the day having beers with a lovely English couple and some funny Canadian girls at the Strawberry Tree in Kaikoura.
Rest of the travel published so far: here.