365 days ago: Farewell Spit
New Zealand, South Island, Farewell Spit, Golden Bay, Abel Tasman.
- The sound of the shells cracking under our feet. Millions, impossible not to step on them.
- The wind! It forced us to put the legs of our zip-off pants on our heads to protect the ears. There are some funny pics of that. Not here.
- The white, beautiful, deserted Wharariki beach.
- Calla flowers (I love them) growing wild in the forest.
- As we thought we were used to landscape changes, take this: the sort of Swiss deep-green meadows are just behind the dunes. You walk not even one minute from the beach to that green path escorted by trees which have stood a couple of windy days.
Rest of the travel published so far: here.