365 days ago: Far North 2
New Zealand, North Island, Far North
- Waikato and Matai: a double beach in the Karikari Peninsula, being on our own in the most beautiful world.
- Driving on a gravel road through the palm forest.
- Those oysters in Russell, in New Zealand's first hotel.
- Got to know about the Koru: A Maori word for the spiral shape based on the unfurling fern leaves. It represents new life, strength, has the same shape as a wave. It is a recurring shape in the Maori patterns. And it is so beautiful.
- The coast, the coast, the coast.
Rest of the travel published so far: here.
365 days ago, travelling, Very privateVirginia RomoAnniversary, New Zealand, North Island, Russell, blog, docu, maori, snapfish2 Comments